Tuesday 10 June 2014

Playful Playsuits

This week I will be talking about playsuits.

Since it is the summer time (well in other countries besides Ireland anyway), it is the perfect time to get that old playsuit out of your wardrobe and put it to good use.

Or even better, buy one. There are plenty to choose from out there if you look hard enough.

I love playsuits because you can wear them to a casual gathering, the beach or out for dinner. All you have to do is add a blazer to the playsuit and you're a sexy, stylish woman.

Can you guess where I bought mine? That's right! PENNEYS!

I probably seem like an ambassador for Penneys, but I am a poor student in need of a job. Therefore I shop in Penneys most of the time. Not only that, but they have so many stylish pieces for such good prices.

This is the playsuit I bought for €11 in Penneys.

It is so comfortable to walk around in all day. Even in hot balmy weather because it does not cling to your body.

Playsuit: €11, Penneys
The shoes I would wear with this would be sandals because I am usually in a country with warm sunny weather. These are the sandals I bought. Also from Penneys. €13.

Sandals; €13, Penneys
These are also very comfortable to walk in, however, they can catch on certain types of surface areas, so if you are walking long distances I would wear shoes that are practicable but stylish at the same time, as that is the aim of the game. Right?

As mentioned above, playsuits are not just for casual wear. They can be dressed up too.

Pop a blazer and some high heels on to make it a going out to dinner outfit. 

Check out what blazers I have in my previous blogs, 'Summer Outfit' and 'Dressy-casual night look'.
A nice white or cream blazer would spruce this outfit up and make it colourful and summery. Like Kourtney Kardashian's outfit seen in the pictures of the celebrities below.


If you are going out to a restaurant on holidays, or if it happens to be spectacular in Ireland, these shoes would be perfect for a playsuit with a blazer outfit. They are €24.99 and so worth it as they are easy to walk in and go with almost anything. Link it below. These shoes would also be perfect with a crop top and a pencil skirt. However, that is another topic and perhaps a blog discussion.

Shoes from New Look website.

Wedge shoes could also work but, in my opinion, would make the outfit more casual, yet stylish at the same time.

That is my view on playsuits.

Let me know what you think.

Until next time mes amis.

Au revoir!

xo

Links:
  • Image of celebrities, courtesy of http://poutlipscurvyhips.blogspot.ie/2012/07/staple-playsuits.html 
  • Image of pink shoe from New Look. http://www.newlook.com/eu/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/stone-ankle-strap-open-toe-block-heel-sandals_306201014 

No comments:

Post a Comment